Kantar Worldpanel France released its latest market share figures for the four weeks period between 14th July 2014 and 10th August 2014.
• French hypermarkets hold a 53% market share, and gained 1.1% of market share.
• Online shopping has increased slightly to 4.1% after gaining a 0.6% market share.
• Discounters and supermarkets show difficulties in gaining market share during the period
• Leclerc experienced the biggest growth of French grocery retailers after gaining an increase of 0.6% market shares to reach 20% market share. Carrefour, currently has 20.6% market share mainly due to improving customer loyalty. Carrefour hypermarkets gained 3 market share points, reaching 11.1% market share.
• Intermarché stabilized at a 14.4% market share.
• Auchan maintained its market share of 11.3%. ( Auchan Hypermarkets with 8.5% and Simply Market 2.4%)
• The Casino Group remained at a 11.6% market share.